Applicants have completed relevant international artistic projects, appeared in established international exhibitions and have a clear concept of their own artistic approach as well as an interest in TUD as an academic institution and its cultural, political and social context. They should take up residency in Dresden for the 6 months period.
We expect applicants to be explicitly interested in the exchange of artistic and scientific/scholarly research and working in transdisciplinary teams and to be able to communicate effectively and proficiently in German or English.
The Schaufler Residency@TU Dresden includes:
- A studio at TU Dresden
- Assistance finding accommodation
- A stipend of € 3,000.00 (net) a month for 6 months
- Production support of up to € 10,000
- Solo exhibition at the Gallery of the Office for Academic Heritage of TUD at the conclusion of the residency with a catalogue by a respected fine arts publishing house (Sandstein Verlag Dresden)
- Access to a competitive array of institutes and workshops for artistic research