Act Out a Scene
August 15th - September 30th
Rules and Guidelines
- Post your entry on your page and tag Getlitnaija as collaborator.
- Do not use the video from another competition for this same competition.
- Submit a one minute video, acting out a scene from a book.
- Quote and tag the author of the book you are acting a scene from.
- The video must be your original content.
- The video must not contain any offensive or malicious words.
- Sound, instrumental or music background is not allowed to complement your delivery.
- Your entry can either be a monologue or dialogue.
Viewer's Choice Rules
- The viewer’s choice winner will be determined by the highest number of valid comments.
- Valid comments are determined by their relevance to the entry.
- Entries with auto-generated comments or comments from bot accounts will be disqualified.
Ngozi Emedolibe, an award-winning journalist, communications strategist and art critic from Nigeria studied Biological Sciences at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Extensively published in local and international journals, he started his career at Hints magazine, reputed to be the ‘launch pad’ for many of Nigeria’s shinning journalists and writers. His body of works as a writer and editor comprises fiction and non-fiction; and covers culture, entertainment, creative writing, politics and investigative reporting.
He has been variously listed as an influential voice in Nigeria’s audio-visual industry; and currently he is the Weekend Editor of Daily Times newspaper.
Kolade Shasi is a Casting Director and Producer who works in Nigeria and Africa.
He has 10+ years of success Casting Directing over 50 projects including Television Commercials, Feature Films, Short Films and Music Videos. Some of his projects have gone on to win Best Actor awards or Break Box office records. His Casting Credits include the Netflix Original YA series; Far From Home (2022), an Amazon Original Nigerian film; Breath of Life (Post Production), Simi’s Music Video; Owambe (2017), the Box-office record-breaker; Couple of Days (2016), and the multi-award-winning films, Slow Country (2017) and Employee of the Month (2022)